Snowsport England is striving to inspire participation in snowsport at every level. A key priority for us is to increase opportunities for more people to participate in snowsport in fun and safe ways, to enable both new and existing participants to have positive experiences. We work in partnership with Sport England and align with their ‘Uniting the Movement’ strategy. Recognised as the National Governing Body for snowsport in England, we help people learn how to ski or board, enjoy the snowsports safely, and compete in all its disciplines.
At its heart, Snowsport England is a membership organisation dedicated to supporting its clubs and members to develop and succeed. It maintains the laws of the sport and runs national events which are open to all competing members. It also operates a comprehensive range of qualification and education programmes for teachers, coaches and officials.
Snowsport England seeks a Non-Executive Finance Director who will join a high calibre, engaged and passionate Board. They will provide inclusive and inspirational leadership and guidance to the Board of the English National Governing Body for snowsport.
Responsibilities of the Non-Executive Finance Director include:
- Acting in the best interests of the organisation with honesty and good faith
- Working with the CEO, the Finance Director maintains oversight of the financial health and operation of the organisation, ensuring that financial governance measures are in place and reported on
- Contributing to the maintenance and continuous improvement of best practice governance arrangements and strategic risk management
- Helping to ensure compliance with the Sport England Code for Sports Governance, Sporting Future and other applicable standards of best practice
- Constantly upholding and promoting the agreed Snowsport England Vision, Mission, Values and expected standards of ethical conduct and behaviour in fulfilling responsibilities
- Contributing to the development of a clear, coherent, compelling, cost-effective and comprehensive Snowsport England Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer and other Board members and monitoring ongoing delivery of the plan
- Helping to ensure that the Board functions as a cohesive and constructive team, engaging collaboratively and constructively at all times with Snowsport England employees, volunteers, members and other stakeholders
- Ensuring continuous compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements including data protection, safeguarding, health and safety and equality
- Promoting best practice inclusion, equality and diversity across Snowsport England at all times
For more information about the roles and responsibilities, please see https://www.snowsportengland.org.uk/snowsport-england-non-executive-finance-director/