Everyone’s Invited’s mission is to expose and eradicate rape culture with empathy, compassion, and understanding. Everyone's Invited is a safe place for survivors to share their stories completely anonymously. The act of sharing their story with Everyone's Invited allows many survivors a sense of relief, catharsis, empowerment, and gives them a feeling of community and hope.
Everyone’s Invited is recruiting a Finance Trustee as it seeks to grow and expand its reach. Putting the charity on a sound financial footing will be crucial to achieving our aims.
As a member of our small Board, the Finance Trustee will help to provide appropriate oversight and strategic direction for the work of Everyone’s Invited. With a small team of permanent staff, the charity relies on its trustees to provide expert advice and guidance as it grows and pursues its charitable purposes.
- Qualified accountant ideally with experience of early organisational development.
- Experience of the UK financial reporting and regulatory environment, especially knowledge and experience of the charitable sector particularly of funding and reporting.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties and responsibilities of trusteeship.
- A passion for and commitment to Everyone’s Invited’s vision, mission, ethos and values.
Terms and Conditions:
- Time commitment: quarterly board meetings, infrequent informal meetings and support to the charity’s small leadership team. At this stage of our development, we require someone who is a bit more hands-on and has ideas and the time to commit to EI.
- Location: Meetings are hybrid, when in person they are held in London.
- Term of office: The term is three years plus the option of another 3 years.
- Like other trustee roles, this post is voluntary and unpaid.
How to apply: please send your CV and Covering Letter to the CEO, Soma Sara, firstname.lastname@example.org.