Do you have what it takes to lead our Board?
Do you believe that every child deserves a relationship with both parents because parenting shouldn’t end when relationships do?
What will you be doing?
The National Association of Child Contact Centres (NACCC) is a small charity which does incredible work with limited resources, ensuring children can safely maintain a relationship with both their parents when parents separate. We accredit and train staff at our 340 centres nationally and internationally and use our deep expertise to help shape national policy and guidelines.
In addition to chairing the Board and supporting the CEO, you will also represent NACCC nationally, with staff in the centres we accredit, government, other key policymakers, and funders.
The role requires an average of 2 hours a week depending on need, plus the time to:
- Prepare for and chair 4 Board meetings and 1 AGM per year.
- Chair/attend other meetings in line with requirements.
Remuneration: Pro bono (reasonable expenses paid).
The board meetings alternate between London and Nottingham (where our office is based). Ad hoc meetings are held virtually.
- ensure that the Board is effective in setting and implementing the organisation’s direction and strategy
- hold the Board and Executive Team to account for the Charity’s mission and vision
- support and guide the Chief Executive
- ensure that the Board operates in line with statutory and mandatory requirements
- ensure financial probity and that all resources are focused on achieving the aims and objectives of the Charity
- act as an ambassador and the public face of the charity in partnership with the Chief Executive
What are we looking for?
NACCC is seeking a Chair of Trustees to lead the Board of the charity, as our current Chair steps down after years of dedicated support. Your deep strategic, leadership and governance experience will help the Board and Chief Executive keep the needs of children at the heart of what we do, and successfully shape the future of NACCC.
What difference will you make?
You will be part of a unique charity committed to helping children and young people maintain vital relationships with both parents after parental separation. This is a crucial time for NACCC when budgets are stretched, and you will be part of a committed Board striving to help member centres adapt and meet growing demand.
Before you apply
Please apply through Reach in the first instance. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete our additional application form.