We wish to recruit Trustees who are passionate about The Heart’s work and aims. We seek individuals who can help us take The Heart from ‘meanwhile use’ to a full opening. We are looking for Trustees with expertise and skills that will help us to grow The Heart and to achieve longer-term sustainability.
Our Trustees will uphold and represent our purpose, vision, values and mission in a personal and professional capacity. Trustees are accountable for the overall strategic leadership and direction of HoNC, ensuring the organisation is professionally run, manages risk, operates strict financial controls, and acts in accordance with its aims and objectives. In addition, the Treasurer will monitor the financial standing of the charity, cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
Given that the organisation is in early stages of its development, ideal candidates will have a flexible approach with can-do attitudes, strong networking skills, as well as expert knowledge and experience necessary to support The Heart in achieving its aims.
Our ideal Treasurer will:
· Have at least 3 years’ professional experience in a finance management role.
· Have excellent knowledge of financial terminology and law.
· Have the experience to ensure The Heart complies with legal requirements and best practices in financial management.
· Have effective communication skills and willingness to participate actively in discussion.
· Be able to translate complex information into simple terms.
· Have enthusiasm for our vision and mission.
We are particularly keen to appoint individuals living in our area of benefit, which stretches beyond the immediate area of Newhaven, from the edge of Leith to the edge of Granton and inland to Ferry Road, although this is not essential.
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our Board and warmly encourage applications from under-represented groups including BAME candidates or those with disabilities.
These posts are not remunerated. Previous Trustee or treasurer experience is not essential.