This is a wonderful opportunity to join a pioneering organisation that supports young people and their families across West London.
What will you be doing?
The Treasurer will chair the finance committee and will focus on our financial and accounting controls as well as ensuring the ongoing financial security of the charity. The Treasurer will be responsible for the following:
- Help govern and advance the overall purpose of the charity in line with the Charity Commissions requirements.
- Oversee a specific committee and ensure it is carried out in legal, honest and accountable ways.
- Support staff team in operational implementation of each committee’s strategies and policies.
- Strategically work with CEO and Senior Leadership Team.
- Attend regular Board meetings.
What are we looking for?
- Financial management/accounting background, ideally with knowledge of charity accounting.
- Someone who can be highly committed to support and promote The VIP and work towards making lives of young people safe and violence free.
- Specific knowledge in one of our committees listed above.
- Understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
We are looking to enrich and diversify our Trustee Board and warmly welcome applications from anyone regardless of their age, experience, disability, ethnicity, heritage, sexuality, gender and socio-economic background.
What difference will you make?
As a small charity The VIP recognises the great work, time and commitment of our Board. This role is an opportunity to:
- Give back to a charity that is dedicated to creating positive impact
- Enhance your CV and open doors to new career paths
- Make a difference to those in need
- Learn about the management and strategy side of charities
- Utilise your experience and skills within the voluntary sector Work with an interesting team from diverse backgrounds
Before you apply
Reach Volunteering is supporting The Violence Intervention Project with their Trustee recruitment.
Applicants should supply an up to date CV together with a supporting statement providing evidence of how they meet the person specification.
Applications and queries to the TrusteeWorks team via the Reach Volunteering site.