MumsAid is an award-winning charity providing pregnant women and new mums with specialist counselling for emotional or mental health difficulties. Our vision is of a society where all mothers are supported with giving their babies the best start in life.
We are excited to welcome a new Chair to our Board!
What will you be doing?
The Chair provides leadership to the Board of Trustees to enable the Board to fulfil its responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity. The Chair will also work closely with - and support - the CEO in ensuring that the charity’s objects are met and strategic plans are implemented. You will play a key role in helping us achieve our ambitious plans to grow our impact in the future.
Main responsibilities include:
- Strategic leadership - Work with the Board to provide strategic direction, set clear targets and enable delivery of the business plan within budget.
- Governance - Ensure that MumsAid operates within its charitable objectives, in compliance with all legal duties and, in accordance with best practice.
- Collaborative leadership - Chair meetings of the Board effectively and efficiently, bringing impartiality and objectivity to the decision-making process.
- Relationship with the Chief Executive - Establish and build a strong, effective and constructive working relationship with the Chief Executive.
- External Relations - Act as an ambassador and spokesperson for MumsAid.
Full role description can be provided on request.
What are we looking for?
- A strong affinity with the vision and values of MumsAid.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate a team.
- Strategic thinking and experience of driving organisational strategy.
- Strong inter-personal, networking and relationship building abilities.
- Experience of chairing meetings. Meetings are often held online, so someone who has experience of chairing meetings both in person and online would be ideal.
- Experience of representing an organisation both internally and externally.
- Ideally you will have experience and understanding of charity governance, and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees.
- Have existing relevant networks which could be beneficial to MumsAid.
We warmly welcome candidates from a range of cultures, backgrounds, contexts, ages and experience. We strongly value the contribution that people with these characteristics will bring to our Board discussions.
What difference will you make?
Up to 1 in 5 mums are affected by mental health difficulties. Many will hide or play down the severity of their illness. If untreated these difficulties can have a lifechanging impact for them and their families. Early intervention and specialist support are critical for improving the outcomes for mothers and their babies.
This is a great opportunity to use your skills and experience to help us ensure mums get the right care, at the right time, so that more families can flourish and thrive.
Before you apply
The TrusteeWorks Team at Reach Volunteering are supporting MumsAid with their Chair recruitment. Applications should be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance.
To apply please send your CV/LinkedIn profile along with a supporting statement explaining why you are interested in the role, the skills and experience you will bring to the Board and what you would hope to get out of the role.