About New Outlook Housing Association
We are a housing association based in the West Midlands specialising in supporting and caring for people with visual impairment and complex needs. This reflects our historic origins as part of the Birmingham Royal Institute for the Blind (BRIB), but we have been a freestanding organisation for more than twenty years.
We support people in a range of services including Care Homes; Sheltered Accommodation; Extra Care and Supported Living as well as people who live in their own homes.
What will you be doing?
As a member of the Board, you will play a vital role in steering and supporting New Outlook. The Board is responsible for providing strategic direction; ensuring we meet regulatory requirements; and overseeing the work of the staff team, thus ensuring New Outlook’s effective, efficient administration and financial stability.
You will be part of a Board team that will help to ensure:
Promoting and Protecting NEW OUTLOOK
- To act as custodian of NEW OUTLOOK’s values
- To ensure that the customers’ voice is heard in the decision-making process
- To monitor compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- To support and uphold the Code of Governance and the NHF Model Rules (2015)
- To be an ambassador for NEW OUTLOOK as appropriate
- To consider and, if appropriate, agree a vision for NEW OUTLOOK and a strategy to work towards that vision
- To assist the Executive Team in the setting of plans and strategies
- To support the work and the role of the Chair of the Board and the chairs of other Committees
- To support the work of the Group Chief Executive and all colleagues; constructively challenging proposals as appropriate
- To agree key policies
- To take an individual and collective responsibility in monitoring performance against plans, budgets and decisions through regular critical appraisal of operational and financial information
- To ensure appropriate action is taken if expected standards of performance or results are not or are unlikely to be achieved
- To request further information or professional advice when required
What are we looking for?
We are seeking to appoint people who can demonstrate a commitment to a high level of engagement and possess a range of experience ideally in finance and treasury, care and governance, or experience as a Chartered Surveyor. We wish to have a wide range of people on the Board and are particularly keen to be representative of the diverse population in the West Midlands.
What difference will you make?
The role of Trustee is non-executive, providing a rewarding opportunity to use your expertise and experience to support and shape our future. We very much value all of our customers and you will have the opportunity to work with us, at all levels, as we seek to grow and develop the business.
The minimum time needed to do the role will be approximately 30 hours per year.
Board meetings are held four times a year in Oldbury with two being longer ‘away day’ sessions and you may also be asked to join a Committee or time limited task group.
How to apply:
Reach Volunteering are assisting Foundation for Change with the recruitment for this role. Please apply via the Reach site using the URL provided and following the information on how to apply.