This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to take on the role of Treasurer for Rochdale and District Mind. The purpose of your role as a Treasurer is to lead the board in its oversight of our finances and offer financial guidance to the wider board and our CEO and Senior Leadership Team. We have a diverse board and warmly welcome first-time and suitably qualified candidates who bring new perspectives.
- Oversee the financial affairs of Rochdale and District Mind and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Oversee efficient record-keeping.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Review periodically the charity’s financial control procedures to ensure they are up to date and adequately protect the charity’s assets.
- Lead the Audit and Finance Committee, working with the CEO and Finance Manager to set appropriate agendas, reporting to the board and ensuring that action points are monitored and taken forward.
You will need to:
- Have a certified accountancy qualification.
- Be proficient in analysing financial and non-financial information strategically.
- Have the ability to balance independent judgment with effective teamwork within the board.
- Have strong communication skills, with the ability to work supportively and collaboratively with Co-Chairs, CEO, and Finance Manager, being accessible via email or phone between board meetings.
- Demonstrate commitment to the organisation's vision of supporting mental health and promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrate willingness to comprehend and fulfil trustee duties, and attend necessary training, particularly if new to the role of Treasurer in a charitable organisation.
Rochdale and District Mind is a mental health charity that supports people in the community who are facing mental health challenges. As part of the Mind Federation and the Mind in Greater Manchester partnership, our goal is to ensure that individuals do not face mental health issues alone and can live free from stigma and discrimination.
Contact us if you have any questions about the role:
If you would like a call to discuss the role in more detail, please email Marlijn Wijkhuizen at email@example.com to arrange a convenient time. Having a call of this kind will not influence the success or otherwise of your application.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability, and potential; please get in touch with us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help make the application process work for you.
How to apply
Eastside People is supporting Rochdale and District Mind in the recruitment of this role.
Please ensure you read the Candidate Information Pack before applying which can be found by clicking the apply button. Application is with a CV and covering letter which should indicate why you are interested in applying for the Treasurer role and how you meet the person specification.
The closing date for applications is 18 December 2023. Interviews will take place in the week commencing 8 or 15 January 2024.