Queen's Theatre Hornchurch (QTH), London's only producing theatre serving Outer East London & South Essex, is seeking a dynamic and visionary individual to join as Chair of the Board. If you are passionate about the performing arts, share our commitment to inclusivity, and have leadership experience, we invite you to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of this award-winning theatre.
As Chair, you will provide leadership to the Board, ensuring effective governance, strategic direction, and fostering a collaborative environment. Your role will involve optimising the relationship between the Board and staff, setting strategy and policy, planning and chairing meetings, and acting as a spokesperson for the organisation when appropriate.
In addition to fulfilling the requirements of a Board member:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Board of Directors and Trustees
- Optimise the relationship between the Board and staff
- Plan the annual cycle of Board meetings and set agendas
- Chair and facilitate Board meetings
- Give directions to Board policy making Ensure decisions are implemented
- Act as a spokesperson for the organisation where appropriate
- Liaise with the Chief Executive to keep an overview of the theatre’s affairs
- Review and appraise the performance of the Chief Executive
- Act as a final stage adjudicator for disciplinary and grievance procedures if required
- Lead the appointment process for the Chief Executive and organise the recruitment process
- Designate and delegate tasks to the Deputy Chair as appropriate
For assistance, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to learn more about the role, contact: email@example.com to arrange an informal conversation with Mathew Russell or a current Board member.
Join us in shaping the future of Queen's Theatre Hornchurch and contribute to the vibrant cultural landscape of Outer East London & South Essex.
For further information about QTH visit https://www.queens-theatre.co.uk/about-us/
How to Apply:
To apply, please send the following to Mathew Russell, Chief Executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV Supporting statement (up to 2 pages, highlighting relevant skills) Names and contact details of two referees Completed Equal Opportunities Form
We actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, particularly from individuals self-identifying as from global majority backgrounds, young people, and those identifying as D/deaf or disabled.
Please read the full job information at: https://www.queens-theatre.co.uk/about-us/qrecruit/