We are seeking an experienced financial professional who can oversee and monitor the financial administration of the charity. You will be an ambitious individual with a strong track record of financial management, strategic thinking and ideally an understanding of or interest in the arts and/or social justice.
The role of Treasurer includes maintaining effective governance of the organisation’s business, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper processes and procedures exist for assuring all financial records, decisions and delegations are maintained.
- To assist and advise in the formation of the Charity's strategy with particular regard to ensuring that the Charity has the resources to deliver the strategy
- To ensure that the Board receives appropriate budgetary and financial information on the activities of the charity, including annual accounts
- To ensure that all accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies
- To recommend to the Board appropriate accounting procedures, control and policies and, support the Board in setting an appropriate reserves policy
- To oversee the appointment of auditors and review on a regular basis
- To ensure that the Board is aware of its financial duties and responsibilities