We seek a Finance Trustee to maintain an overview of REMAP’s financial affairs, ensuring its economic viability and oversight of its proper financial records and procedures. This opportunity has arisen as we seek to implement a succession plan for our current highly respected Treasurer, who wishes to step down in the next 12 months.
We seek a strategic thinker who will use their financial expertise to oversee our financial health and play an active role in forecasting, setting budgets, and liaising with auditors. Good knowledge of charity finance is essential, as your input will be critical as we look to the future and implement our new strategic plan. The Finance working group will actively participate in the charity's financial decision-making.
We wish to appoint an experienced professional with complementary skills in finance and business across either the charity.
It is an aspiration that the Finance Trustee would also act as the Honorary Treasurer.
If you want to join a charity to empower disabled people to achieve the quality of life they aspire to have. Then this opportunity is for you.
- Oversee the organisation's financial affairs and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the organisation's financial viability.
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take the lead in interpreting financial data for them.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance, etc.).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, i.e.
Please email your CV and a short cover letter explaining your interest in this role.