Lake District Music is a thriving organisation bringing music of the highest quality to audiences in the heart of the Lakes, as well as giving young artists the opportunity to perform and learn together. We are looking for a new Treasurer as we begin a new era.
Who we are
Lake District Music (LDM) is run by a strong Board of Trustees, which has been responsible for maintaining and developing LDM for almost 40 years. The Trustees help to decide the policies which LDM pursues and to organise the raising of the necessary funds. With a new Chair and trustees onboard, a merger with our ‘Patrons of LDSM’ support charity now complete, and looking ahead to our 40th anniversary year in 2025, this is a really exciting time to be a part of LDM’s work in Cumbria.
The Role involves:
- Liaising with the Operations Director to draw up an annual budget before the beginning of each financial year
- Liaising with the Operations Director to draw up appropriate finance papers for the five Council of Management Meetings held annually
- Being the main bank signatory and responsible for payment of salary & expenses to Operations Director & Artistic Director
- Authorising bank payments when financial limits are exceeded by the Operations Director
- Working with the Operations Director to prepare the annual accounts and liaising as appropriate with the External Examiner
- Presenting and interpreting the relevant financial information to the Council of Management in a way that is straightforward to understand
- Liaising with the Chairman, Operations Director and Artistic Director in deciding on appropriate fundraising activities
- Presenting possible financial scenarios and solutions for Trustees to add value in the consideration of the strategic direction the festival is to take.
- Providing support & information of a financial nature to various subgroups looking at the strategic direction of the charity from time to time.