Reducing the Risk is dedicated to the safety of adults and children at risk of domestic abuse and to the empowerment of the professionals and volunteers who support them. We are both local (providing the high risk and Court Independent Advisory service for Oxfordshire) and national (through our training and support for practitioners).
We are seeking a new Chair of Trustees to work in partnership with the Chief Executive and take forward our vision and growth at a very exciting time for the Charity, post commissioning.
What will you be doing?
We are currently seeking a new committed individual to join us as Chair of Trustees. We are looking for someone who is interested in the opportunity and has the skills to:
- Work with the Board to take forward and pace the development and expansion of the scope of the charity.
- Bring further rigour to the work of the Board, bed down the changes to the governance of the charity and expand the number of Trustees.
- Support the work of the Treasurer and CEO in the development of income; while keeping the safety and effectiveness of our services as our first priority.
What are we looking for?
- Commitment to our values including equality and diversity.
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills including capacity to appreciate opportunities and risks.
- Skills for effective chairing (and preferably chairing experience in the voluntary sector or as a school governor)
- Strong communication, influencing, listening and summarising skills.
- Understanding of good governance.
- Ability to inspire trust and credibility locally and nationally.
As well as these specialist skills, we are seeking independent and team players. You must also support our mission, be aligned to our core values and be able to act as an ambassador at public events for the organisation. The Chair provides leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees enabling them to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity and to develop the organisation’s aims, objectives and goals. The Chair will also work in partnership with the Chief Executive to ensure that Trustee decisions are acted upon and implemented in an effective manner.
What difference will you make?
This is an important role for a new Chair in both working with the Trustees to embed the new governance and with the CEO to take forward the next stage in our strategy development and implementation. The charity is at a good point, post pandemic, and after commissioning, to look ahead, with time to reflect and to build together.
As Chair, you will play a central role in enabling us to continue supporting the victims of domestic abuse from both immediate and future harm. The role will enable you to put your professional skills to great use. It will also give you the opportunity to develop your insight and expertise into all that is involved in the management of a growing charity with a big vision.
Before you apply
Reach Volunteering are supporting Reducing the Risk with their Chair recruitment.
Please submit your CV along with a short covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board.
For an informal chat with Reducing the Risk, please contact the Reach TrusteeWorks team who will be able to arrange this.
Please contact the Reach TrusteeWorks team with any queries.