Milton Keynes Community Cardio-pulmonary Group is a charity providing rehabilitation to those with a heart or Lung condition in Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas. We are looking for a Treasurer to join our committee.
This role requires 4-8 hours of remote work per week and to attend our management committee meetings every 7 weeks.
Overview of the MKCCG Treasurer role
1. General financial oversight • Oversee and present accounts and financial statements to the management committee • Liaise with other officers and staff about financial matters • Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place • Ensure that record-keeping and accounts meet the conditions of funders or statutory bodies • Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
2. Funding and fundraising • Ensure use of funds complies with conditions set by funding bodies • Ensure fundraising complies with relevant legislation and is bound by effective financial systems and controls • Ensure effective monitoring and reporting.
3. Financial planning and budgeting • Prepare and present budgets for new or ongoing work • Advise on financial investment strategy.
4. Financial reporting • Present regular reports to the management committee on the charity’s financial position • Prepare accounts for audit and liaising with the auditor, as required • Present accounts at the AGM • Advise on the organisation's reserves and investment policy.
5. Banking, book-keeping and record-keeping • Manage bank accounts • Set up appropriate systems for book-keeping, payments & petty cash • Ensure everyone handling money keeps proper records and documentation • Prepare monthly payroll, pensions, tax & NI. 6. Control of fixed assets and stock • Ensure proper records are kept • Ensure required insurances are in place.