The Grahame Park Independent Living Group (ILG) is seeking a Treasurer to support with the management of its finances. Supported by funding from Notting Hill Genesis housing association, the group meets every Monday at the Grahame Park Community Centre for a vibrant schedule of social and fitness activities. Comprising a diverse range of local residents aged 50+, the group enjoys talks from visiting speakers, day-trips and meals out, and regular physical wellbeing classes.
The role of the Treasurer would be to manage the ILG's finances. This is not a time-consuming role, but would include:
- producing key financial documentation, such as the end-of-year budget and monthly management accounts.
- being a bank signatory for the ILG and making monthly payments into and out of the ILG's bank account.
- improving the efficiency of the ILG's banking (e.g. upgrading to digital banking).
- liaising with the group's chair and volunteers, as well as key funder Notting Hill Genesis, about financial matters.
The ideal person for this role would bring:
- experience of managing organisational finances (whether of a business, charity, or CIC).
- an understanding of budgets and of managing accounts and invoices.
- experience/interest in working with members of the local community.
If you are interested please submit a short overview of what excites you about being Treasurer for the ILG and what you would bring to the role by e-mail to email@example.com. Feel free to share a CV or Linked-In profile link with your e-mail. You can have a look at what the Independent Living Group gets up to here: Independent Living Group Facebook Page.